Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Dance Teacher Blog: Summer Intensives for Dancers

POINTE 5*6*7*8
Dance Teacher Blog 
Summer Intensives for Dance
By Brandy Curry


I may be a bit too excited about Summer Intensives for young dancers ages 8-18.  However, I have a valid reason.  I loved attending Dance Summer Camps, Summer Intensives and Dance Competition and Conventions when I was growing up.  I met so many great dancers, and stayed in contact with these dancers as we were entering different phases of our careers from college, to touring, to training.  I loved meeting dancers from Michigan and Ohio.  (Seriously, there were so many dancers from those two states.)


Living in Los Angeles my students are exposed to so many amazing intensives from Joffrey West to Debbie Allen Dance Academy.  But what makes these intensives so worthwhile are the faculty, and the students whom travel from all over the United States (and, Europe).  I love that my students come back in the fall with stories, and incredible experiences.  Some of the dance intensives below require a dance audition, but most are open classes.

SUMMER DANCE INTENSIVES LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 2013
(Check the School's websites for Summer 2013 dates)

The (Alvin) Ailey School 
Brockus Conservatory of Dance and Musical Theater
California Dance Theater
Cecchetti USA
City Ballet of Los Angeles
Debbie Allen Dance Academy
Edge Performing Arts Center 
Idyllwild Arts Summer Program
International Dance Academy
Joffrey School of Ballet-LA (Joffrey West)
Liv'Art Dance 
Los Angeles Ballet Academy
Millennium Dance Complex 
Westside School of Ballet

Out-of-state parents you can plan an incredible summer vacation around your dancer's summer intensive.  Map out the surrounding area and use Travel websites and plan a vacation your family will talk about for years to come.  









2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No LULE LEMON...THANK YOU!!! Thank you for making beautiful clothes that I feel professional and comfortable in! Your clothing makes me move! All the best in the arts, Brandy Curry

      Delete