Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dance Teacher Blog: Lesson Plans for Dance Teachers

POINTE 5*6*7*8
Dance Teacher Blog: Lesson Plans for Dance Teachers
By Brandy Curry

Weekly Lesson Plan Template
TeacherPlanet.com
My first two years of teaching dance in K-12 education I skated by without writing a lesson plan.  I know, I know!  I preach creating lesson plans, either weekly or daily.  I personally do the following:


  1. Yearly Lessons (Pacing Plan) either in content format or calendar format
  2. Monthly Lesson in calendar format
  3. Weekly Lesson Plan using a template from TeacherPlanet.com (SEE PHOTO)
  4. I prepare a daily lesson plan for substitute teachers, evaluations, or if I need a more cohesive plan
Creating a lesson plan has saved me time in organizing my classroom as well as organizing my music, costumes and props if needed, etc.  Sometimes these meticulous lessons turn into exquisite choreography pieces.  One of my lesson plans for my Kindergarten Creative Movement class turned into a fun activity that I turned into choreography for our Spring Showcase.  


Brandy's Sample Lesson Plan for iPad
LESSON PLAN WEBSITES FOR EDUCATORS
TeacherPlanet.com
LessonPlans4Teachers.com

TECHNOLOGY & LESSON PLANNING
I have recently taken my lesson plans to the next level with
exciting bells and whistles by creating everything on my iPad.  (The template shown is for my iPad.)  I connect my iPad to our television or Smart Board and my students can now read what the activity or lesson will be for that day.   I also use Keynote which is Apple's version of PowerPoint and I make Digital Flashcards.  (SEE PHOTO BELOW)

Brandy's Digital Flashcard





















4 comments:

  1. So happy to support your organization.
    lulu lemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LVME TRICS/LULU LEMON! I will officially launch my blog this fall. I'm excited to share my passion for dance and MOVEMENT with fellow educators and advocates. xoxo, Brandy Curry

      Delete
  2. This looks great, I sooo need to try this soon! Thanks!
    Echo aventura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ECHO AVENTURA...Thank you so much for your support and kind words. I always find that being organized before I walk into the room so helpful. It allows me to have way more fun in the classroom. LOL! xoxo, Brandy Curry

      Delete